Flyout menu - access by voice

Let us know your ideas or something you would like to add to the new version...
IHuman
EGG

Flyout menu - access by voice

Postby IHuman » February 14th, 2019, 7:51 am

Hello and sorry for double posting. I thought I put it up here too -in case of...

______

Thank you for updating Jarvis so fast by fixing some problems which allows me to at least reinstall it. So far it works and even if checked "hide on start" the flyout would only come up to some point when closing and restarting Jarvis BUT still NOT after a PC restart. :L So while scratching my public hair I had this "EUREKA!" moment which I'd like to share with you::

See, the original intention of creating Jarvis was to work your computer through speech input = to decrease the mouse and keyboard usage. Spoken in terms of its evolution, Jarvis then received additional features (this flyout menu) which, when "hide on start" is checked refuses to come up whereas "show/hide grammars", "show/hide debug window" ,etc. DOES! as it is working orderly when ordered by voice to do so.
So why not kill two bugs with one line of code by making all the other flyout menus (command, settings, email, etc) work in the same way - through access by speech? Why to keep an otherwise redundant function (by physically navigating inside of jarvis's frame and clicking various menu buttons manually) if I am already using my voice? Maybe the only exception I would consider is microphone setting if the mic. is having issues, but I also think that microphone settings be reached per Jarvis's icon in the icon tray - if there would be this option available.

In its consequence -with no longer having a flyout menu that is THIS stubborn in its nature and without running into any icon- or font size issues when scaling it- a slight design change can be made. Here I think about e.g. one or two outer rotators with both that can be toggled on/off separately by the later user. It also would make Jarvis to look more Jarvis-like too, am I right? Or even if there are no rotators at all, the main flyout issue would be solved by then through speech command.

To guide user to the settings window: It might open automatically after Jarvis starts up for the first time with a note saying that "settings", "command", etc. can be reached by voice (say: x, y,z) or per Tray Icon.

I not want to create more work, but I think this, let's call it: "voice menu" can be achieved easily as you already done it with "show/hide grammars, show/hide debug window" and even by sending Jarvis itself into hiding.

What do you think? Please let me know.

With kind regards,
iHuman

Zunair
Site Admin

Re: Flyout menu - access by voice

Postby Zunair » February 19th, 2019, 8:51 am

Find show in default commands and see if u find all the commands you are looking for.

IHuman
EGG

Postby IHuman » February 20th, 2019, 6:23 am

The commands are there but settings, commands, etc. (everything that can be found in LINKS's main HUD and be accessed from there) doesn't open or do but are invisible once "hide on start" is ticked and the PC has rebooted - in contrast to "show grammars", "show debug window", etc. that pop up as designed even after a reboot.
So I think, to achieve that, it needs a modification on your end -since you are the programmer and know where to look at. I myself don't know how to alter this command to make the main settings appear / become visible in the same way as those commands (see above) who are not affected due to a ticked "hide on start".

Zunair
Site Admin

Postby Zunair » March 14th, 2019, 6:43 pm

got it... sounds like that option just breaks options window...

Return to “Feature Request”