Mark 3 alpha (My experience)

Anything that involves Jarvis and doesn't fit in any of the other forum.
shmikey
EGG

Mark 3 alpha (My experience)

Postby shmikey » January 21st, 2019, 4:41 pm

First off I would like to thank the dev's for the great work put into this. I have used mark2 for a couple years now and love it (all it's quarks aside) but when it comes to the mark 3 alpha you offered as a free download.

So thinking I would give the Mark 3 a try to see how far the development has come along well to my surprise it looks the same. I get one chance to edit the settings after that it will not reopen, links moves off to the right of screen but no settings window no customize window no keyboard window either along with that my microphone became unusable no matter how i set up the mic it would show tooNoisy, tooSoft or i am hearing niose. The weather stopped working as well I have now downgraded to Mark 2 and all works just as it did before. happy again with Mark 2 (HAYLEY) I am still not getting the weather but this form will help with that just need to do some searches now.

my system is win 7 home premium 64-bit
AND Phenom (tm) II N850 Triple-core Processor 2.30GHz
4 GB RAM (3.74 usable)

Thank-you for the opportunity to try Mark 3 alpha but I am staying with Mark 2 (HAYLEY)

IHuman
EGG

Re: Mark 3 alpha (My experience)

Postby IHuman » February 7th, 2019, 3:54 am

"one chance to edit the settings after that it will not reopen, links moves off to the right of screen but no settings window". Aside of the microphone issue I encountered the same problem which forced me to (clean)install MARK III too many times. See here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5677

What I did, different in my last installation was a) to get a new NETFrame, to replace the SQLserver but importantly -which I believe was/is the culprit, I unchecked _Hide on start_ during the first settings right after the installation. So far I not have this problem any longer but I didn't checked further since we have Feb. and another installation would probably trigger MARK III to expire (change to trial). Hope it helps and it seems that someone is working on it but without any update on my case I can't say it with certainty.

In case you want to try and run into the trial I would suggest you (next to a clean install) to look here too> viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5680&p=17898#p17898

shmikey
EGG

Re: Mark 3 alpha (My experience)

Postby shmikey » February 7th, 2019, 4:05 pm

update on my mark 111
I have my mark 3 running on a different laptop now. It is a toshiba satellite quad core with 4 gb ram.
nothing that I tried with the other laptop would make mark 3 work, so I fresh installed mark 2 on it and all is good. I had spent alot of time setting up my entertainment system with kodi and mark 2 so when mark 3 was useless on the HP laptop I was frustrated thankfully it was a matter of reinstalling mark 2 and importing all my commands back into it. (thanks to the export/import feature) so in conclusion my HP laptop does not like mark 3 but on the upside I have I now have mark2 for my htpc and mark3 to play around with.

thanks to the dev's for an excellent AI system

Return to “General”