Flyout menu disappear

Report reproducible errors for Mark II here.
Forum rules
If you require assistance with an issue that is NOT reproducible error then please do NOT post on this thread, use this thread instead.

Please see the Troubleshooting guide on our wiki.
Frequently Asked Questions can be found here.

Be sure to include all relevant details such as:
    0. Perform normal troubleshooting steps*
    1. Steps to reproduce the issue
    2. Expected results
    3. Actual results
    4. Operating System
    5. Default Language

To report and check if the error has produced an "Error Report.txt" file:
    Press Windows Key + R
    Type %appdata%\..\Roaming\LINKS\Logs and hit Enter
    Open the text file called "Error Report.txt" (If you don't see it you don't have to post the file.)
    Press Ctrl + A to select all, then Ctrl+C to copy.
    Go to http://pastebin.com/ and paste text under "New Paste"
    Under "Syntax Highlighting", select "C#"
    Click "Submit" button.
    Copy link / URL from your URL bar.
    Paste the link with your post.

*Troubleshooting Steps
    Restart App
    Look for error again
    Shutdown Machine, unplug power cord, hit power button, wait 30 sec, plug power back, hit power button
    Start App again
    Look for error again
    Uninstall the software, then reinstall it
    Look for error again
    Search the forum for similar error
    Report if error is reproducible

Thank you for the feedback. Please note that we may PM you to follow-up with you regarding that issue.
IHuman
EGG

Flyout menu disappear

Postby IHuman » January 11th, 2019, 9:01 am

Dear Sirs and Madams Developer,

First of all I'd like to say that JARVIS is a nice little but impressive program. I stumbled upon it and due to further research I find its capabilities -if done right- quite impressive. The reason why I -tech-savvy but a non-coder/programmer- downloaded Mark-III and have to get into it unfortunately from scratch and even running the risk of entering a seemingly dead project (due to the rare activity and responses here). Anyway...

The problem I've encountered is as following>

After setting up a new machine (Win7 x64 -Ultimate) with two monitors (Asus 24", DELL 17") and the programs needed (2D-3D, etc.) I installed Mark-III (together with SqlLocalDBx64 and NetFramework 4.7.2.). After the first start up I made all necessarily setting and chose to "not run intro on startup", "run on win start-up" and "hide on start" - because I not want to have this loading-screen always sitting on my main monitor (Asus). After that I moved Jarvis onto the secondary screen (Dell) and per mouse-wheel I reduced its size to minimum. The flyout menu appeared as it should but always! a) after shutting Jarvis down and restart or b) after te pc reboot the flyout menu to get into settings and customization won't load with Jarvis full responsible (e.g. voice commands, show grammars, etc. incl. "goodbye" A.I. shutdown-protocol).

I read all flyout-menu threats, reconfigured my Comodo Antivirus and Internet-Security as far as possible and even was looking for that specific UserActivityMonior.dll (often mentioned) but can't find any on my system. Since Dez. 28th, 2018 till today I installed, de-installed, re-installed Jarvis approx. 30+ times to always run into the same problem -even with a clean re-installation each time. That's somehow frustrating and is taking not just the fun to explore Jarvis but also the time to learn Jarvis!

My last trial was just today and after a fresh and clean Jarvis install, I just left "hide at start" check box unchecked and since that -2 shutdown-protocol and 3 reboots later- the flyout menu comes up as meant to be and let me access settings and customization while JARVIS -reduced to its possible minimum size- is sitting on the bottom of my secondary screen. I have to test it further and can't offer an error-report since there are no error-logs but I assume that the ''hide on start'' option is triggering the event of an flyout menu to stay invisible/to not appear. If so, you should look into this matter since user like me are a) not want to have its loading screen and b) by making such settings like "hide on start" are running into this problem accidentally and probably are looking for the wrong solution or de-installing it for good.

I'd like to hear your opinion on it and if this problem can be circumvent by now, I'd like to ask you for an "how-to", so that I can get rid of the loading screen. Thank you in advance and I'm looking forward on you reply.

PS: The only error report I found was in Windows Event-Viewer a couple of days ago (guess this procedure was also mentioned here, somewhere) to find as following in accordance to the problem> https://pastebin.com/GQQcCiWn

Zunair
Site Admin

Re: Flyout menu disappear

Postby Zunair » January 20th, 2019, 6:16 am

What resolutions your monitors are set to? How big are they?
We will test the startup option... we didn't test that enough.

Thanks

IHuman
EGG

Postby IHuman » January 20th, 2019, 9:49 am

Hello,

and thank you for looking into this matter.

I am not sure that the problem of a disappearing flyout-menu is related to a screen's resolution since I didn't changed my resolutions on both monitors throughout all installations and testings made, but it might be. The only thing I ever changed to get a stable flyout-menu to work was in JARVIS's main-settings. Here: from "hide on start" (checked) to un-checked.
Since that I do not run into any problems (since my initial report) and didn't tried to 'check' this nasty check-box again as I am certain the flyout-menu will disappear again, and honestly I not want to have another de- and re-installation. But in case you are in need of a verification then I am willing to do so. Just let me know what kind of error.log you need -since I haven't had any in the related folder (as described above) and where to look at.

It would also be interesting to know if other users of Mark III are having the exact same issue.

Primary Monitor: Asus-VE278Q, Wide Screen 27.0", 16:9, (Res: 1920 x 1080), HDMI connected
Secondary Monitor: Dell-E177FP, 17", (Res: 1280 x 1024), VGA to HDMI connected (adapter)
Graphic: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275

All drivers are up-to-date except ASUS Monitor as it is running on plug&play (generic) because there is no specific driver available.

Thank you in advance and I am looking forward to your reply in regards of solving this issue.

Further Monitor Specs>

ASUS> https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/VE278Q/specifications/

Dell> https://www.dell.com/downloads/emea/ser ... 7fp_en.pdf
Last edited by IHuman on January 20th, 2019, 2:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

IHuman
EGG

Postby IHuman » January 20th, 2019, 10:12 am

Additional question:

In case I feel bugged to test further and due to this have to de- and re-install Jarvis -whilst exceeding the deadline of 31st of January 2019- how do I avoid that my JARVIS "expires"? I ask, because I downloaded the "free till 31st of January" Edition and not having a license nor a way to register. I mean the JARVIS Mark III.exe I have, but for the purpose of installation it needs to link up with your servers first which -so I think- might cause a triggered "Your version had expired, now you are running in trail" notice.

Postby Karma » January 25th, 2019, 1:21 am

I think changing the opacity of the menu triggers it to disappear.. I tried reinstalling twice.. the first time i changed opacity it disappeared the second time I installed I had no trouble until I changed the opacity again.. So the last time I installed it I didn't change the opacity then i didn't have any trouble using it anymore..

I used to have the free trial problem too.. I uninstalled LINKS and the sqlserver then I downloaded sqlserver from the microsoft website still 2014 version and then I installed LINKS again.. it will still ask you to install the sqlserver they provided but you just have to allow it to.. It won't overwrite the one you installed from microsoft.. Then it should work fine..

IHuman
EGG

Postby IHuman » January 25th, 2019, 8:12 am

"I think changing the opacity of the menu triggers it to disappear.." I agree, as I find this one also to be a possible culprit, because I had additionally changed the opacity in the beginning of my first installations too - first to be more transparent to then later to be a bit more opaque. However, later on I didn't touched this install-setting and it still disappeared because of the "hide on start" option checked. In my last (stable) installation I changed the opacity again -this time just slightly towards opaque I think (see picture below)- and it still comes up and stays as long as I keep the "hide on start" unchecked and I do not dare to do so for now because of this unclear license issue. Btw, the same problem of a disappearing flyout menu I also had, whenever I tried to change Mark III's default theme to Red or White. Strange behaviour at all...

I downloaded Mark III.exe, NETFramework 4.7.2 and SqlLocalDBx64 for my x64 machine. After the installation of all components were done I manually de-installed the SQL-Server that comes with Mark III. My version now is 2014 (v. 12.1.4100.1).

Hope this issue get sorted out soon and still need to know of how to progress if a new install of MArk III is required.

setting for sen.JPG
setting for sen.JPG (93.25 KiB) Viewed 251 times

setting (sitting now on my Dell 17")

setting for sen-closeup.JPG
setting for sen-closeup.JPG (12.36 KiB) Viewed 251 times

opacity setting (close-up)

sql.JPG
sql.JPG (68.19 KiB) Viewed 251 times

SQL

Return to “Mark III [Error Reporting]”