Controlling car with Jarvis

Tell us how Jarvis makes your life easier and share your methods.
Alucard
EGG

Controlling car with Jarvis

Postby Alucard » February 10th, 2018, 3:15 pm

I'm currently tying a Raspberry pi into my car, figured i would post the information as i find it, below is a link to a website for tying a raspberry pi into your car, looks like there's already lots of software and ideas for this

https://mtantawy.com/everything-you-nee ... -your-car/

this is the first step, i'm looking at doing the diagnostics as well as controlling audio playback, next step is for Jarvis to send commands to this PI while it's at my house, i'll find more out about that as i go

Have fun!

Alucard
EGG

Re: Controlling car with Jarvis

Postby Alucard » March 11th, 2018, 4:03 pm

So i finished tying the Raspberry pi into on-board diagnostics, it has a pretty cool read out, however i'm at the point of trying to get Jarvis onto the raspberry pi, found this was possible but also found something else interesting, there is software called Exagear that basically emulates the X86, you can then install Wine and then have Jarvis run in Wine, this should work with quite a few different Microphone setups for the raspberry pi, I'm going to be using the respeaker 4 mic array

https://eltechs.com/product/exagear-desktop/

while i was searching i found a voice recognition software called Jasper that runs completely on the raspberry pi and is offline, that fits perfect for what i want to do, but the thought was using their base and making Jarvis run on Raspberry pi without using Wine or another emulator then put in where Jarvis can sense itself on other computers or raspberry pi and it would make the ultimate connection for the house

http://jasperproject.github.io/

Zunair would this be possible?

Zunair
Site Admin

Postby Zunair » March 11th, 2018, 6:29 pm

If you can code a way to send audio from the pi then jarvis can handle the rest... dont need any other system really.

So system will look like this..
One main server with LINKS on...
Multiple pi or arduino or android phones with mics or text input... - sending post requests to LINKS with audio data - this can be extended so LINKS still hears you from outside of local network...

here is a small android app we made that sends audio to LINKS...
https://github.com/Zunair/LINKS-Client-Android - uses android builtin recording compression i think.

Alucard
EGG

Postby Alucard » March 12th, 2018, 6:53 pm

I think that will work perfect, i'll try the android app as well, i had started another project to use my old S3 in the car instead of a raspberry pi, if it works out then i may just use that, but i still want to figure out a way to use the raspberry pi's just due to the amount of things they can control and how small they are

thanks!

Zunair
Site Admin

Postby Zunair » March 15th, 2018, 7:39 am

imo arduino esp modules would be better if you are planning to use a lot things... i guess rpi could be use as a server to control all other iot devices.

good luck with your endeavours.

thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Alucard
EGG

Postby Alucard » March 19th, 2018, 7:58 am

WOW! i didn't realize Arduino had a module like that, i looked into Arduino before RPI and didn't look back but it seems i should have, i'll give that a try

Thanks bud!

Zunair
Site Admin

Postby Zunair » March 24th, 2018, 5:47 pm

if you wana quick test arduino.. look up nodemcu

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Return to “Jarvis Usage”