How about the option to use connected arduino as source of data for temperature, humidity, etc.?

Let us know your ideas or something you would like to add to the new version...
Jamesvan123
EGG

How about the option to use connected arduino as source of data for temperature, humidity, etc.?

Postby Jamesvan123 » May 5th, 2019, 9:23 am

I don't know if this exists already or not. I just wanted to use my arduino together with Jarvis to gather and relay data to me. I plan on using this with other arduino for my home automation project. If there is an option already, I would appreciate any answers that would point it out.

Zunair
Site Admin

Re: How about the option to use connected arduino as source of data for temperature, humidity, etc.?

Postby Zunair » May 5th, 2019, 12:36 pm

i think there is serial read function.. wasn't tested enough

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jamesvan123
EGG

Re: How about the option to use connected arduino as source of data for temperature, humidity, etc.?

Postby Jamesvan123 » May 5th, 2019, 7:07 pm

Have you tried using that serial read function? If not, how would you recommend do I go about doing it?

Zunair
Site Admin

Postby Zunair » May 5th, 2019, 9:27 pm

well id recommend using esp8266 or nodemcu and just use wifi...

find the function in the tray menu related to serial.. i cant remember if we even published it...

i cant even remember how we used it hmm..

ok i found them in our dev docs
the functions would look similar as follows:

[SerialWrite("LED.ON","SerialConfig_test")]
[SerialReadLine("timeout in ms","SerialConfig_test")]

have fun figuring it out lol

pm me if u need to

thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jamesvan123
EGG

Postby Jamesvan123 » May 22nd, 2019, 3:20 am

Hi there.. I sorry I've only recently read your reply, I've been a bit busy.. I'm in a bit of a blur about your response mainly because I'm not yet completely familiar with this.. I do have to ask if I could possibly just use usb connection as I would still want to be able to connect to the internet with wifi.. also because I'm also using usb connection to send serial data with batch files to control the arduino using MVC.

Zunair
Site Admin

Postby Zunair » June 18th, 2019, 10:50 pm

batch files works would be better since we didnt do too much testing on those function...

you can hide the batch files so they dont show while executing... look up hi1 hi2 in wiki

Return to “Feature Request”