[Script] Using LINKS to search the Imdb /Python

For all your scripting needs. You can share bat/cmd/js/vba files here.
traBpUkciP
LINKED

[Script] Using LINKS to search the Imdb /Python

Postby traBpUkciP » June 7th, 2016, 6:14 pm

Greetings :geek: UPDATED ON 11/06/2016 IF YOUR FILE IS FROM BEFORE RE-DOWNLOAD PLEASE

..This script let's you search the IMDb and have Jarvis read you back a quick summary. GitHub
*Requires Python 2.7.

Install:
► Show Spoiler

Jarvis commands:
► Show Spoiler

Example:
► Show Spoiler

Have fun and enjoy :)
......traBpUkciP
Last edited by traBpUkciP on June 12th, 2016, 3:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Zunair
Site Admin

Re: [Script] Using LINKS to search the Imdb /Python

Postby Zunair » June 7th, 2016, 6:52 pm

Sounds like you are having fun

Keep it up..

Just took a look at the py file... seems very robust... specially the json parsing.. hopefully other users can learn from you.

Keep them in ur repo... we have beta testers that have over 100 scripts.. it gets messy when u have so many...

Also not sure how py all works.. try making a class or a function to call the speak function in a seperate file n then include it in other scripts... so if u ever have to change the [Speak...] function u can change it in one place. Just keep that in mind when using any functions.

Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

traBpUkciP
LINKED

Postby traBpUkciP » June 7th, 2016, 7:27 pm

Thanks Zunair,

I was actually planning on taking the next couple of days to go through my code and transfer as much of it as possible into classes/modules. I really need to brush up on my oop though :lol:Here's my code repository. I got a bit to go through lol.

In other plans I was gonna work out config files for my scripts. Essentially to set paths and url settings and so forth. And from there to get everything functional from within the LINKS script folder.. I just noticed you can call scripts with no path in the Action column from that folder :oops:

And yes, I'm having a blast! LINKS was the fire under my ass I needed to get to here; and it's only been a couple of weeks :D

traBpUkciP

Zunair
Site Admin

Postby Zunair » June 8th, 2016, 12:50 am

Cool cool...

Ya action is lil crazzy N getfile function dont need path either if u put the file under string folder I think... or maybe its some other function lol cant remember all.. really need to keep updating the wiki.

Just added another function to save the speech as wav.. plan is to allow user to use get response from LINKS remotely from any device, lets see how it goes.

Chime in for beta testing when you get a chance. lot new functions... and speech code was re-written.

Have fun!

traBpUkciP
LINKED

Postby traBpUkciP » June 8th, 2016, 1:30 am

@Zunair
That's awesome. I actually pm'd you yesterday about beta testing :)

traBpUkciP

Zunair
Site Admin

Postby Zunair » June 8th, 2016, 2:36 am

Hmm sad.. missed that somehow lol

Return to “Scripting”