Loading Rainmeter and skins only when JARVIS is online

For all your scripting needs. You can share bat/cmd/js/vba files here.
Zunair
Site Admin

Re: Loading Rainmeter and skins only when JARVIS is online

Postby Zunair » May 25th, 2016, 2:46 am

there is a reason for all those string it speaks...
certain point specific things initialize... so can't just make all functions work all the time.

What's the main function you looking for, just the RunAsShell function?

rajvj90
EGG

Postby rajvj90 » May 25th, 2016, 7:55 am

Hi Zunair! This is just an idea. Not sure we can do this.

I need to know is there possibilities to load each of the rainmeter components by one by one on some speeches.

For Eg:

"Loading custom components" - Loads overall background of rainmeter first
"Establishing connection to satellite" - Loads some missile kind of thing
"Rendering main control center" - As usual LINKS load up will be proccessed here (so here we don't need to worry about as the animation its already looks like its loding)
"The weather in <city> is partially..." - Loads globe and some weather skins
"I have indeed been uploaded, online and ready" - Loads some animated rainmeter rings around LINKS.

Like that way...

I think this is a complex case, but if we can able do this, it will be much awesome like JARVIS is loading all components on startup at each speech. Hope you got what I mean.

Any help or idea on this. Thanks!

Zunair
Site Admin

Postby Zunair » May 26th, 2016, 7:44 pm

Type in some sample commands u want to run..

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

chrispark
TADPOLE

Postby chrispark » June 29th, 2016, 7:42 pm

rajvj90 wrote:Hi Zunair! This is just an idea. Not sure we can do this.

I need to know is there possibilities to load each of the rainmeter components by one by one on some speeches.

For Eg:

"Rendering main control center" - As usual LINKS load up will be proccessed here (so here we don't need to worry about as the animation its already looks like its loding)
"I have indeed been uploaded, online and ready" - Loads some animated rainmeter rings around LINKS.

Like that way...

I think this is a complex case, but if we can able do this, it will be much awesome like JARVIS is loading all components on startup at each speech. Hope you got what I mean.

hey this is a very late response but im wondering.. did you ever accomplish this task you mention here? If so will you share it with us?
Also I saw your video and I loved your rainmeter layout can I also get this layout to use and to customize?

rajvj90
EGG

Postby rajvj90 » July 1st, 2016, 1:52 am

chrispark wrote:

For Eg:

Like that way...

hey this is a very late response but im wondering.. did you ever accomplish this task you mention here? If so will you share it with us?
Also I saw your video and I loved your rainmeter layout can I also get this layout to use and to customize?

Hey Chris! No, it was not accomplished and I'm trying on it. I'll sure share if its done.

Here is the link for my rainmeter skin - http://www.megafileupload.com/fs2e/JARV ... r_Skin.rar

Thanks 8-)

chrispark
TADPOLE

Postby chrispark » July 1st, 2016, 9:59 am

rajvj90 wrote:
chrispark wrote:

For Eg:

Like that way...

Hey Chris! No, it was not accomplished and I'm trying on it. I'll sure share if its done.

Here is the link for my rainmeter skin - http://www.megafileupload.com/fs2e/JARV ... r_Skin.rar

Thanks 8-)

hey so thanks for the rainmeter (my chrome blocked it as a virus.. i think i will choose to trust it :). But when i tried to add the rainmeter like you did following the intructions on wiki and here. I get a failed to "response on fail" I put
Links is online[RunAsShell("rainmeter","Initializing Graphical Interface","Engaging graphical display","Failed to load full interface")]

I obviously did something wrong from the response on fail to be said. I am pretty sure I messed up on the "shellAction" section. What exactly do I put there?

ohjameson
EGG

Postby ohjameson » July 4th, 2016, 1:39 am

Hey rajvj90,

sorry to bother you but I saw your post and I was really curious as to how you altered the speech for jarvis. I recently downloaded this, and I really want to edit the startup and ending sequence, but I can't understand the FaQ at all (don't know much at programming/scripting/coding).

Can you tell me what you wrote, and where you wrote it? Do I need a specific file?

Thanks!

chrispark
TADPOLE

Postby chrispark » July 4th, 2016, 11:49 pm

ohjameson wrote:Hey rajvj90,

sorry to bother you but I saw your post and I was really curious as to how you altered the speech for jarvis. I recently downloaded this, and I really want to edit the startup and ending sequence, but I can't understand the FaQ at all (don't know much at programming/scripting/coding).

Can you tell me what you wrote, and where you wrote it? Do I need a specific file?

Thanks!

Hey I can help,
If you are looking to change the starting intro speech when you first load JARVIS, go to
%AppData%\LINKS\Customization\XML
Then open Original Settings [DO NOT MODIFY]
Now JARVIS says a few different text when he loads with pauses inbetween. Each phrase is also broken up in the XML file. If you are familiar with with his load up speech you will probably be able to find the text that he says. If not, press Ctrl+F and search <jarvisWPF.Properties.InternalStrings>
under that you will find the text.

From there you will also be able to change his exit speech, etc. Just write inbetween <value> </value>

RoyElmiraz
EGG

Postby RoyElmiraz » January 10th, 2017, 2:42 am

Hi Raj, can you upload your rainmeter skin once again. The link is dead.

moonspride
EGG

Postby moonspride » June 10th, 2017, 1:29 am

Hi, i just want to say i was amazed by what you did.

but somehow i cant apply it on my settings. can you guys help me? do i need a script, plugin or batch file something

Return to “Scripting”