J.A.R.V.I.S System Commands

For all your scripting needs. You can share bat/cmd/js/vba files here.
Razorik
EGG

Re: J.A.R.V.I.S System Commands

Postby Razorik » May 31st, 2015, 2:20 am

Drift King wrote:
Razorik wrote:Hey Drift king

I tried installing your program and all that I see are .exe files, and I have come to believe that there should be another type of file or something in here as well. I have gone through all the pages of the forum and found no fix, and I tried nearly everything.
I am using windows 7 and if you could reply with something that might fix or could be causing the problem that would be helpful.
Sorry to inconvenience you by a problem you have probably answered numerous times.
Thank you

Fix for what??
Yes all the files are exe files and they're supposed to be. I couldn't understand the problem.

ok so what happens is I do everything you told us to do (Install it, open the thing in excel, copy and paste, etc)
And when I put the command into the appropriate shell area (3rd column in the shell commands tab)
and I update the command but when I say what the command is, I hear JARVIS respond but nothing happens?
I have tried multiple of the commands (shut down, log off, restart, open CD drive, etc) all with the same result.

Drift King
Site Admin

Postby Drift King » May 31st, 2015, 8:30 am

Razorik wrote:
ok so what happens is I do everything you told us to do (Install it, open the thing in excel, copy and paste, etc)
And when I put the command into the appropriate shell area (3rd column in the shell commands tab)
and I update the command but when I say what the command is, I hear JARVIS respond but nothing happens?
I have tried multiple of the commands (shut down, log off, restart, open CD drive, etc) all with the same result.

Ok. So the 1st possible reason for this issue is probably your Antivirus. The exe files in the package are originally Batch scripts which triggers some built-in windows commands and some my custom made function via vbscripts. some antivirus may block stuff that try to access windows functions. So, check by manually running the files and if Av blocking them.
Second conclusion, check the paths to the exes again in the command window and then check if the files are correct. go to the corresponding locations in program files and check if the files really exists or not.
D.K.
Director, CEO - Westenets Technologies

Razorik
EGG

Postby Razorik » June 2nd, 2015, 1:25 am

Drift King wrote:
Razorik wrote:

Ok. So the 1st possible reason for this issue is probably your Antivirus. The exe files in the package are originally Batch scripts which triggers some built-in windows commands and some my custom made function via vbscripts. some antivirus may block stuff that try to access windows functions. So, check by manually running the files and if Av blocking them.
Second conclusion, check the paths to the exes again in the command window and then check if the files are correct. go to the corresponding locations in program files and check if the files really exists or not.

Thank you for the response, my antivirus did go off when I installed your program as I remember now.
I will unblock them and tell you of what I find.

Sidewinder
TADPOLE

Postby Sidewinder » June 20th, 2015, 5:45 pm

what is my schedule for today, gives me an error when I try to run that command. What exactly is it suppose to do when said?

Drift King
Site Admin

Postby Drift King » June 20th, 2015, 10:10 pm

xxbryantd wrote:what is my schedule for today, gives me an error when I try to run that command. What exactly is it suppose to do when said?

when the program installs it creates a text file in "C:\Temp" containing your schedule. and an exe runs from the program directory, that reads the text inside that txt file. when you say "Edit My Schedule" that txt file opens in notepad, so you can edit and save it. next time you say "what is my schedule for today" it reads the value you saved.

Now, for your error, Check if a file named "ToDoList.txt" is located in "C:\Temp". If yes, then there's probably something wrong with tha path in jarvis command, which should point to the exe which is by default "C:\Program Files\DK's Soft\JARVIS system Commands\system\todolist.exe" unless you changed the install location.
If you can't find the "toDoList.txt" file in "C:\Temp", go to the install location which is by default "C:\Program Files\DK's Soft\JARVIS system Commands", and open the "ToDoList.exe". that'll create the text file, now check the command again with jarvis.
D.K.

Sidewinder
TADPOLE

Postby Sidewinder » June 21st, 2015, 9:10 am

Drift King wrote:
xxbryantd wrote:what is my schedule for today, gives me an error when I try to run that command. What exactly is it suppose to do when said?

when the program installs it creates a text file in "C:\Temp" containing your schedule. and an exe runs from the program directory, that reads the text inside that txt file. when you say "Edit My Schedule" that txt file opens in notepad, so you can edit and save it. next time you say "what is my schedule for today" it reads the value you saved.

Now, for your error, Check if a file named "ToDoList.txt" is located in "C:\Temp". If yes, then there's probably something wrong with tha path in jarvis command, which should point to the exe which is by default "C:\Program Files\DK's Soft\JARVIS system Commands\system\todolist.exe" unless you changed the install location.
If you can't find the "toDoList.txt" file in "C:\Temp", go to the install location which is by default "C:\Program Files\DK's Soft\JARVIS system Commands", and open the "ToDoList.exe". that'll create the text file, now check the command again with jarvis.

For some reason the ToDoList.exe was just in the JARVIS system commands folder, I moved it, and now all it does it pops up with a screen to replace the text file in /temp .

Drift King
Site Admin

Postby Drift King » June 21st, 2015, 10:05 pm

that means you have the required txt file in C:\temp, that's good. Now, got to the install directory of jarvis system commands, in the System Folder, find ToDoList.exe, run it. It'll speak the text saved in the txt file located in the C:\Temp. after confirming that it's working. check the path inside jarvis, which should lead to that ToDoList.exe
D.K.

Sidewinder
TADPOLE

Postby Sidewinder » June 22nd, 2015, 1:59 pm

Drift King wrote:that means you have the required txt file in C:\temp, that's good. Now, got to the install directory of jarvis system commands, in the System Folder, find ToDoList.exe, run it. It'll speak the text saved in the txt file located in the C:\Temp. after confirming that it's working. check the path inside jarvis, which should lead to that ToDoList.exe

the ToDoList.exe was missing, so I reran the install to only find out my antivirus removed that file.

Sidewinder
TADPOLE

Postby Sidewinder » June 22nd, 2015, 7:54 pm

Quick question. Open cd tray works just fine, but trying close it wont work. Would anyone know why?

Drift King
Site Admin

Postby Drift King » June 22nd, 2015, 11:22 pm

xxbryantd wrote:Quick question. Open cd tray works just fine, but trying close it wont work. Would anyone know why?

because there's no inbuilt function inside windows that can close the cd tray. you can only open it via a program. to close, you need to do it manually from the "Real World". :D
D.K.

Return to “Scripting”